Click below to hear about teaching with packets:
It’s almost Valentine’s Day so I knew I needed to share with you all about love at first sight! It may be a bit cheesy, but when I was first introduced to teaching with packets, I knew it was love at first sight and I’ve never looked back.
I cannot believe how effective it has been to teach with packets and how much it reduces the stress of the night-before-scramble. If you are looking for an effective way to keep you and your students organized throughout your units, packets may be the way to go!
You may hear the word packet and think that I am talking about a bunch of busy work and worksheets. That couldn’t be further from the truth! Everything I put into my packets are chosen very intentionally and purposefully so that everything builds towards the outcome I am aiming to accomplish that unit. This is what makes packets so incredibly effective!
In this episode, I am sharing all the information you need to decide if teaching with packets is something you want to try with your classes. I am diving into what packets are and what is included in these packets, what teaching with packets looks like, ten reasons I absolutely love teaching with packets, and what resources can help you to create your own packets.
Be sure to grab your FREE Valentine’s Day themed high school science activities! These activities are perfect for engaging your students in a fun and worthwhile learning experience. There is one activity specifically for each subject – biology, anatomy, physics, and chemistry. Grab them today and send me a DM or email me at email@example.com when you use them with your students! I love to hear from you all when you use these free resources!
Topics Discussed in This Episode About Teaching with Packets:
- What packets are and what is included in an effective packet
- What teaching with packets looks like and how to start using them midyear
- 10 reasons I am obsessed with teaching with packets and how they help students, resource teachers, admin, and parents
- Resources to help you create your own packets
- Grab your FREE Valentine’s themed high school science activities
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified virtual professional development course waitlist
- FREEBIE: Valentine’s themed high school science activities
- A category in my store of ALL my complete units
- Send me a DM on Instagram: @its.not.rocket.science
- Grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge!
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts.
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Teaching with Packets: What They Are and Why I Love Them
- Everything You Need to Know About Having a High School T.A. Program
- Why I Don’t Use Interactive Notebooks in my Secondary Classroom
- Curriculum Design 101
- Using Nontraditional Summative Assessments in Secondary Classrooms
- How I Do Study Guides in High School Science
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.