Click below to hear how to reclaim your class time:
It seems we never have enough time to do what we want to do in our class periods. How are we supposed to get labs, demos, lectures, assessments, and more squeezed into a 45 or 90 minute class? The overwhelm of it all may lead you straight to tears, but I promise there’s a solution!
Here’s the answer, teacher friends – Reclaim your class time!
You may be wondering how in the world you can do that, so today, I am sharing 5 simple changes you can make so you can cover all that you need to.
If you are looking at everything you need to get through and aren’t sure when you’ll have time to do it all, this episode is for you! I am giving you practical and simple changes you can make in your classroom to reclaim your class time. I am sharing the three places valuable time is most often wasted, how procedures are key to reduce wasted time, why you should have an agenda on your whiteboard, the power of timers and bells, and how an efficient turn-in system is a game-changer.
It is amazing how much time you can reclaim by implementing these five tips! Sometimes you just need an outside perspective to see how it can work for you! I hope this episode does just that.
I want to hear about what you try to reclaim your class time. Send me a message on Instagram and share what changes you are making and if they are helping you!
Topics Discussed in This Episode on How to Reclaim Your Class Time:
- The 3 places that time is most often wasted in a classroom
- How clearly teaching procedures proves to be a huge time-saver again and again
- Why using an agenda on the whiteboard is helpful for you and your students
- How timers help prevent wasted time
- The power of using a bell to get students’ attention (see my favorite one below!)
- Why efficient turn-in systems are so important
- FREEBIE: Anatomy of a Class Period Lesson Plan
- Purchase the Bell I Use Here
- SECONDARY SCIENCE SIMPLIFIED™️ Professional Development Course
- Grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge!
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts.
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Episode 4: Engaging Your Students In the First 5 Minutes of Class
- Episode 43: How to Manage Large Classes: What to do When You Have WAY Too Many Students
- How To Manage Large Classes in High School Science
- Prime Times: The Secondary Classroom Procedure You Can’t Live Without
- Start Strong: 5 Beginning of the Year Procedures to Teach
- Why I Don’t Assign Homework in High School
- My Favorite Classroom Management Strategy
- Decrease Grading Time: How to Stop Grading Everything
- 4 Must-Have High School Classroom Systems
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.