Click below to hear my answers to your questions in this “ask me anything” episode:
It’s finally here! It’s the 50th episode of Secondary Science Simplified! To celebrate, I’m answering all of your burning questions inside of this special “ask me anything” episode. I am so excited to answer every single question you sent in.
I absolutely love connecting with you all and answering your questions. That is why I knew I needed to do an “Ask Me Anything” episode and you all did not disappoint! In this episode, I am answering all your questions from what I’m currently doing, curriculum writing, advice for first year and student teachers, classroom management, labs, and maternity leave, to who my favorite Instagram follows are and my most regrettable fashion choices.
I am so grateful to share the 50th episode of Secondary Science Simplified! To celebrate, we are doing a GIVEAWAY! The lucky winner will receive a $100 gift card to the It’s Not Rocket Science resource shop! To enter, leave a review for the podcast wherever you listen to podcasts, take a screenshot, and DM it to me on Instagram @its.not.rocket.science. Winner will be selected on December 1st, 2022.
Don’t miss out on saving up to 25% on It’s Not Rocket Science resources in my resource shop or in the TpT store. The Cyber Monday sale runs Monday, November 26, 2022 and Tuesday, November 27, 2022. Go grab the resources you’ve been eyeing up to help simplify your science classes!
Topics Discussed in This “Ask Me Anything” Episode:
- 50th episode giveaway details
- What I am currently doing and if I’ll go back to the classroom
- What I would be doing if I wasn’t teaching science or in education
- My favorite and least favorite parts of writing curriculum
- Advice for first year teachers and student teachers
- Classroom management tips for when labs get out of control
- Determining which labs to do and advice for how to do them in the classroom
- Tips for writing a curriculum
- Using the It’s Not Rocket Science units during maternity leave
- What to do when you’re in a PLC and required to give certain tests
- Some fun information about me!
- Shop the sale in my resource shop
- Shop the sale on TpT
- Join the SECONDARY SCIENCE SIMPLIFIED™️ Professional Development Course Waitlist
- Follow Naptime Kitchen on Instagram
- Follow Busy Toddler on Instagram
- Follow Created Colorful on Instagram
- Follow The Car Mom in Instagram
- Follow Kalin Sheick on Instagram
- Grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge!
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts.
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- What I Wish I Had Known as a First Year Teacher
- Curriculum design 101
- Maternity Leave Prep: How to do Long-Term Prep Without Stress as a High School Science Teacher
- Episode 35. Competency, Classroom Management, Teaching Chemistry and MORE with Guest Zach Matson
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.