Click below to hear a beginning of the year pep talk:
The school year is approaching and we could all use a pep talk, especially after the past 3 years. We know this school year is filled with more unknowns and we’re running on empty before the year even starts. But I’m here to pump you up and get you excited for the start of school!
This is a much-needed pep talk, not only for secondary science teachers, but for all teachers! I am sharing why teaching is a job and not your whole life, why you don’t need to be on-call all the time, the importance of giving yourself and students grace, and why we should take this year one day at a time.
You are valuable and what you are doing is valuable! So this year, focus on showing your students that you care about them and you care about what you are teaching. You’ve got this, Teacher-Friend!
Know a teacher who could really use a beginning of the year pep talk? I’d love for you to share this episode with them and pass on the encouragement and pump each other up for another school year!
If this episode helped to raise your spirits, go ahead and screenshot it on your phone, add it to your Instagram stories, and tag me @its.not.rocket.science!
Topics Discussed in this Beginning of the Year Pep Talk:
- A reminder that teaching is not your life, it is your job
- Why you should not be available 24/7, even at the beginning of the year
- How to avoid making other people’s emergencies your emergencies
- The importance of giving yourself and your students some grace this year and ideas for how to do that
- Why taking it one day at a time is what you and your students need this year
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Episode 26: Leaving Work at Work
- Episode 8, Balancing Multiple Preps: Where to Focus Your Energy
- 4 Things to STOP Doing to Simplify Your Teacher Life
- 4 Teacher Habits I Learned the Hard Way
- Beginning of the School Year: 5 Mistakes to Avoid
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.