Click below to hear my 5 tips for teaching Anatomy:
Are you teaching Anatomy for the first time or have you taught it before but don’t feel super confident teaching it? This episode is for you! Today, I am sharing 5 tips for teaching anatomy to help both you and your students LOVE anatomy!
In many high schools, Anatomy is an elective class which allows you to have some flexibility and options in what you teach and how you teach it. In this episode, I am sharing 5 tips to help you teach an anatomy class that you and your students love and that is meaningful.
I am sharing why and how to stick to YOUR goals for the class, the importance of prioritizing real world applications, why students should be doing research in Anatomy class, the importance of emphasizing the interconnectedness of the systems, and how to take advantage of seasonal opportunities to keep students engaged.
Hopefully these ideas will inspire you to try something new this year, especially if it’s your first time teaching Anatomy. I have a feeling you’ll love it as much as I do!
Lastly, I need YOUR help! I am putting together an episode on tips to keep every learner engaged in science classes. I would love to hear from YOU on how you engage a diverse group of learners in your classes. All you have to do is record a short 30 second clip and it may be featured on an upcoming episode! Check out the details here!
Topics Discussed on How to Teach Anatomy:
- Check out how to be featured on Secondary Science Simplified here!
- How Anatomy is different from other courses and often provides teachers with more flexibility
- Why you should stick to YOUR goal for YOUR Anatomy classes and how to determine what that goal is
- The importance of prioritizing real world application and ideas of what real world skills you can include in your course
- Why students should be doing research and the importance of knowing how to use evidenced based research
- Why you should emphasize the interconnectedness of the systems and how I do this in my units
- How to take advantage of seasonal opportunities and ideas of activities to plan around seasonal holidays
- How to be on the SSS podcast
- My Anatomy Curriculum
- Anatomy Exam Pack
- Control and Coordination Unit
- FREE Halloween Science Resources
- Protection Unit
- Grab the FREE Classroom Reset Challenge
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts!
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Anatomy Scope and Sequence
- Alternative Final Exams
- Why High School Teachers Must Make Science Relevant
- Episode 35, Competency, Classroom Management, Teaching Chemistry, and MORE with Guest Zach Matson
- Episode 15, Teaching Seniors, AP Biology, And More with Diana Price
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.