Click below to hear mistakes to avoid at the beginning of the school year:
Whether we like it or not, the beginning of the school year is coming! Let’s start things off on the right track. Setting up for a successful school year starts on day one. I have made my fair share of mistakes when it comes to starting the school year that made the year much more challenging than it should have been. Learn from my mistakes, teacher friends!
In this episode, I’m going to help you avoid the mistakes I have made in the past. I am sharing what I wish I would have done from the beginning of the year that would have made things much easier!
I want to help you learn from my mistakes so you can have a more simplified back to school season. Today, we are looking at the most important procedure to have in the secondary science classroom, a simple change that can help you reclaim your time, how to block off time to accomplish your to-do list, and a huge mistake to avoid so you don’t feel drained and overworked.
I want to celebrate with YOU! We have reached over 10,000 downloads and to celebrate, I am giving away a $100 gift card to the It’s Not Rocket Science resource shop and an It’s Not Rocket Science RTIC mug!
To enter, just share your favorite Secondary Science Simplified episode on Instagram and tag me before August 15th! It’s that easy! Thank you all so much for your support and for tuning in!
Topics Discussed on Mistakes to Avoid in the Beginning of the School Year:
- The MOST important procedure to have in a secondary science classroom
- How to reclaim valuable time in your school day to help save your mental energy
- A huge mistake I made in my first 2 years teaching that caused frustration for both me and my students
- What to stop doing so you don’t feel totally drained and completely overwhelmed
- How to be proactive so little issues don’t become major issues
- Celebrate Secondary Science Simplified reaching 10,000 downloads by entering the giveaway!
- Ready-made bell ringers
- Tag me on Instagram @its.not.rocket.science to share your favorite episode of Secondary Science Simplified
- Grab the FREE Classroom Reset Challenge
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts!
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Prime Times®️: The Secondary Classroom Procedure You Can’t Live Without
- Start Strong: 5 Beginning of the Year Procedures to Teach
- 5 Reasons You May Hate Bell Ringers – And The Solutions to Run Them Easily
- Decrease Grading Time: How to Stop Grading Everything
- Issues with Parent Communication? 4 Things to do Differently Next Term
- Episode 28, Using Summer Productively
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.