Click below to hear about how to use PBL in high school science:
Are you thinking that shifting to student centered pedagogy sounds great, but way too time consuming and overwhelming to do this year? If you are ready to make an easy change in order to help your students take more control of their learning and practice critical skills they can use their entire lives, this is an episode you do not want to miss!
In the previous 3 episodes, we focussed on what student centered pedagogy is and why you should shift to this type of teaching, as well as practical ways to implement student centered teaching. Today, I am giving you the ONE THING you can easily implement this school year to make your teaching more student centered without added overwhelm, stress, and time.
In this episode, we are looking at what project-based learning is, why it is important to use PBL in high school science classes, and how you can get started implementing PBL more easily than you may think. If you just don’t have the time or energy to prepare for PBL, I’ve got you! I have 3 awesome resources for you to simplify your planning!
I know that you’ll love project-based learning just as much as I do. It’s so exciting to think that there are so many more questions than we could ever answer as science teachers in any given year. Incorporating a long-term PBL style project gives your students the space to investigate these questions that you may not have time for.
If you are feeling overwhelmed with trying to prepare for back to school, be sure to grab my FREE Classroom Reset Challenge that will walk you through 5 different things you can do to prepare and be ready for the school year!
Topics Discussed on PBL in High School Science:
- My main motivation for starting to incorporate more project-based learning in my classroom
- The ONE thing you can do to begin to implement student centered teaching
- What true PBL is and the many benefits of using PBL in high school science
- Why using PBL in high school science classes is so important for student learning
- How you can get started with PBL on your own or with the help of my products
- Biology yearlong independent research project
- Physical Science yearlong independent research project
- Anatomy yearlong independent research project
- Grab the FREE Classroom Reset Challenge
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts!
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Project-based learning in High School Science
- Episode 31, Student-Centered Pedagogy: How to do It
- Episode 30, Student-Centered Pedagogy: Why Make the Shift
- Episode 29, Student-Centered Pedagogy: What it is
- 4 Tips for lectures that are effective and engaging
- Best Practice for Lesson Planning in High School Science
- Student-Centered Pedagogy: 4 Tips for Revamping How You Teach High School Science to Put Students at the Center
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.