Click below to hear about using summer productively:
Summer is here which means you can finally rest after the long and demanding school year! We know the routine – hurry, stress, and go, go, go all school year so when summer comes, we just want to relax, recharge, and unplug. And we should! I don’t know about you, but over here, we’re in full summer mode spending as much time outside as possible.
But (yes, there’s a but!) if you’re anything like me, you need something to work on to keep you in some sort of routine. Can you relate? Luckily, I have lots of ideas on using summer productively.
In this episode, I discuss how to make the most of your restful summer by setting small, manageable goals so that you can be more prepared going back to school. I give you 3 easy to work on goals that will help cut down on the stress that fall often brings.
You’ll hear about using your increased mental clarity and creativity to make adjustments for next year, completing a task that you just don’t have time for during the school year, and checking a must-do task off your list that is low pressure and doesn’t require much energy from you.
If you’re interested in PD in the summer, I have my own professional development course that I have created specifically for secondary science teachers. Enrollment has ended for this year’s summer session but I would love for you to join the waitlist so you know when I offer it again. You can sign up for the waitlist here.I would love to see you there! In the meantime, check out my other resources to help simplify your school year.
How will you be using summer productively? Send me a message on Instagram @its.not.rocket.science and let me know!
Topics Discussed on Using Summer Productively:
- The importance of using summer for rest, and spending time with family and friends
- Setting small but manageable goals for summer
- 3 things you can do to be productive while still prioritizing a restful summer
- How incredible you’ll feel if you do some planning and reflection over the summer
- Why summer is a great time to take professional development courses, plus information about my professional development course, Secondary Science Simplified
- Secondary Science Simplified PD Course Waitlist
- AP Summer Institute
- Grab the FREE Classroom Reset Challenge
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts!
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Episode 26: Leaving Work at Work
- Episode 23: Ending the Year Strong Part 4
- Episode 14: Combat Senioritis Part 3
- Episode 15: Teaching Seniors, AP Biology, and More with Diana Price
- How to be a Great Teacher and Only Work 40 Hours a Week
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.