Click below to hear how the course helped this new teacher:
“Do it! What are you waiting for…it’s a game changer! It’s made my life so much easier.” This is the message today’s guest and new teacher, Rachel Carter wants to share with everyone who is considering enrolling for the Secondary Science Simplified Course, which is now open for enrollment!
This month, I’ve shared secrets and habits I learned the hard way in my teaching career that I wish I had known when I first started teaching. These experiences formed the foundational lessons in the Secondary Science Simplified Course. After learning from my mistakes, I truly love all things related to simplifying our jobs and lives, and I am passionate about sharing how to do that with other teachers.
In today’s episode, I’m interviewing Rachel Carter, one of the teachers who took the course with me last summer after her 2nd year of teaching. You’ll hear how taking the course impacted her as a new teacher in the field. If you’re wondering how the course has impacted a more experienced educator, be sure to listen to episode 24 where I interviewed Nikki Pryor, who has been teaching for 14 years.
If you’ve been on the fence about enrolling for the Secondary Science Simplified Course, these 2 interviews provide a lot of insight into the benefits of the course and the supportive community we have created. The course only opens once a year in the summer, and the last day to sign up is June 23, so be sure to check it out!
Rachel Carter has completed her 3rd year as a secondary science teacher at a small charter school in Charlotte, NC. She came into the teaching field without any formal certification or training in how to be a teacher. She is married and has 2 Australian Shepherds.
Topics Discussed in This Episode with New Teacher, Rachel Carter:
- What led Rachel to joining the Secondary Science Simplified Course last summer
- The structure of the course and the 7 units included in the course
- Which unit Rachel found most transformative and what surprised her about that
- Why Rachel loved the course setup, which support document she found most helpful, and her favorite bonus feature
- Specific ways Rachel used what she learned from the course during the past school year to simplify her new teacher life
- Enroll in The Secondary Science Simplified Course
- Grab the FREE Classroom Reset Challenge
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts!
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Episode 26, Leaving Work at Work
- Episode 25, The Importance of Proactivity
- Episode 24, A Look Inside the Secondary Science Simplified Course with 14-Year Teacher, Nikki Pryor
- 4 Must-Have High School Classroom Systems
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.