Click below to hear about resetting your classroom:
Believe it or not, the end of the school year is the perfect time for resetting your classroom! After a busy school year, chances are your classroom is a mess.
While it’s tempting to wait till the start of the new school year to take inventory and reorganize, your future self will thank you if you do it now. I know…I know…you’re ready to leave it all behind and start your summer break, but hear me out.
In today’s episode, we are continuing our series on how to end your year strong. In episode 20 and episode 21 I challenged you to reflect on your classroom management and lesson plans this past school year in order to end the year strong and set yourself up for success for next school year.
Today we’ll take a mental break and focus on the physical space you teach in with the Classroom Reset Challenge. I’ll give you the step-by-step process you need to walk through every corner of your teaching space and storage areas so that when you return to your classroom next fall, you’ll be relieved rather than overwhelmed.
If you go through with resetting your classroom this year, send me a message on Instagram and let me know how it went!
If you love the Secondary Science Simplified Podcast and you’re enjoying the challenges and strategies you’re hearing about, I would love to have you be a part of the Secondary Science Simplified Virtual Professional Development course and community I created.
We open enrollment once a year, so if you’d like to learn more and be notified when the course is available again, be sure to join the waitlist here.
Topics Discussed on Resetting Your Classroom:
- Importance of resetting your classroom and why the end of the year is the perfect time to reset
- A simple tool for organizing each space in your classroom without overwhelm
- Tips for auditing and cataloging the resources you have while you’re organizing your classroom space
- How to get one hour of professional development for free by attending my workshop
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts!
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Episode 20, Ending the Year Strong Part 1
- Episode 21, Ending the Year Strong Part 2
- Episode 2, Midyear Reset Part 1
- Episode 3, Midyear Reset Part 2
- Midyear Reset: 4 Ways to Hit the Reset Button and Reclaim Your Class (and Life)
- End the Year Strong: 5 Ways to Set Yourself Up for Success Next School Year
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator.
Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.