Click below to hear about ending the year strong
I don’t know about you, but by the time May rolls around, I am DONE! I can confidently say that I have senioritis just about as bad as my students do. I’m pretty sure you can relate.
What if I told you it’s possible to ensure you’re ending the year strong and prepare for the year ahead so that when you come back in the fall, you can start the year ready and rested rather than overwhelmed and stressed? That’s exactly what we’re talking about in this month’s podcast episodes.
This series is designed to equip you with specific and simple things you can do each week in small chunks as you end the school year.
These actionable steps on ending the year strong will set you up for success next year so you can actually unplug from work this summer and recharge before entering another school year. I’ll share one practical challenge per episode that you can do now to serve “future you” and your students next year.
In today’s episode, I challenge you to take some time to reflect on your current year and the procedures you had in place. Whether you have a few weeks or a few months left in this school year, it’s really important to do this now while this school year is fresh in your mind.
Join me as I lead you through some thought-provoking reflection questions and give you some tips for brainstorming changes you can make to improve things for next year.
Be sure to subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss the episodes coming out in this series. And remember to join the waitlist for Secondary Science Simplified virtual PD course and community coming this summer. I’d love to see you there!
Topics Discussed on Ending the Year Strong:
- Why reflecting on your year and your procedures at the end of the school year is so beneficial
- Key questions to ask yourself as you’re ending the year strong and reflecting on the school year
- Tips for brainstorming procedures to combat issues that you faced throughout the school year that will help you be more proactive next year
- Importance of letting go of the challenges that have happened this year so you can start next year with a fresh perspective
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts!
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Episode 14, Combating Senioritis Part 3
- Start Strong: 5 Beginning of the Year Procedures to Teach
- 5 Tips for Combating Senioritis in Your Science Classroom
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.