Click below to hear about balancing multiple preps:
How do you do all the things you want to do as a secondary science teacher while balancing multiple preps? I get it. You want to do it all and be it all, but you are only one person with so much time. On top of that, your energy levels vary from season to season. Teaching multiple preps can be an overwhelming task, and the solution is not to start working 60-70 hours a week.
This month, I’ll be sharing critical strategies and solutions for balancing all of your preps, particularly if you have three or more preps this school year. One year I had five preps! These are things I’ve implemented in my own classroom, and I know they work.
In today’s episode, we are going to talk about where you need to focus your energy so you can survive and thrive during this busy season. When you’ve got multiple preps to teach, it is not the time to try all of the new things. I’ll share how to be strategic and pick one prep to focus your creative energy on while putting your other preps on cruise control.
This will simplify your life and save you so much time, allowing you to have a greater impact on your students. I’ll also be sharing how you can get the support you need from your admins and how to approach them so they are willing and excited to help you.
Be sure to snag the FREE Valentine’s Day resource I’ve created just for you to use with your high school science students. I love these activities and had so much fun writing them. There is one specifically for biology, one for anatomy, one for physics, and one for chemistry, and I think your students will love them too. So don’t miss out!
Topics Discussed in Balancing Multiple Preps:
- Critical strategies and solutions you can use to balance your time when you have multiple preps to teach
- Tips for deciding where to focus your efforts and energy so you can not just survive, but thrive, in this particular season
- Why you must be willing to ask for help and how to approach your admins to get the support you need
- Tips for using Teacher’s Assistants that will save you time and benefit the TA (plus, what to do if your school doesn’t have a TA program!)
- Grab your FREE High School Valentine’s Day Science Activities
- Download your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts!
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Balancing Multiple Preps: How I Survived Managing 5 Preps as a High School Science Teacher
- Admin Support for Secondary Teachers that Doesn’t Cost Money
- Everything You Need to Know About Having a High School T.A. Program
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.