Click below to hear how to lesson plan:
Being strategic with your time is always important for teachers who want to maximize their energy, but when you have 3 or more preps, it is more important than ever to be strategic so you can save time in every way possible. Having a system in place for managing lesson plans can have a huge impact on your effectiveness and efficiency in the classroom.
In today’s episode, we are going to talk specifically about how to lesson plan for all those preps. I’m going to share with you my five best tips for managing it all through lesson planning when you have 3 or more preps. When you have three or more preps on your plate, you cannot possibly do it all perfectly, and that’s ok. The goal is not perfection. The goal is to do your job so that you can do your best to love your students and provide engaging lessons that will support their success.
Although being a great teacher is much more about loving your students where they are and being passionate about your content than it is about having the most well-written and executed lessons, I do hope that these tips help you get started with being more strategic with your lesson planning so you can save time and use your energy to pour into your students. Remember, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Work smarter, not harder!
Valentine’s Day is coming up, so be sure to grab your FREE Valentine’s Day High School Science Activities I’ve created just for you. There is one for biology, one for anatomy, one for physics, and one for chemistry. These student-centered PDFs are the perfect no-prep activity for this time of year.
- Why I love to batch lesson plan an entire unit of lessons at one time and how it can help you be more strategic and save time when you have three or more preps
- My favorite tools for batch lesson planning that will keep you organized and allow you to make changes easily
- How making your lessons more student-centered can save you time when writing lesson plans
- Tips for saving time at the copy machine and why this is an absolute must
- My top four favorite places to find high-quality resources
- FREE Valentine’s Day Resources
- Simple Desk Calendar
- My Favorite Erasable Pens
- Download your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts!
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Episode 8, Balancing Multiple Preps: Where to Focus your Energy
- Episode 7, Making 1D Lessons 3D with Skipper Coates of Real Ms Frizzle
- Teaching With Packets – What They Are And Why I Love Them
- Best Practices for Lesson Planning In Hight School Science
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.