Click below to hear about engaging your students without exhausting yourself:
Do you find yourself wishing that teaching science could be fun without being exhausting? It’s absolutely possible! Labs are one of the main ways we can engage our students in learning, but they require a lot of teacher prep. There are many other ways to get students involved in learning that are highly effective and take some of the workload off of you.
In this episode, I share seven simple, low-prep ways to engage students without exhausting yourself. Of course, these are not meant to replace labs, but they are great tools to break up your teaching and keep the learning student-centered. The key to saving time is to put the work back on the students and keep it simple.
Don’t forget that I’m celebrating the launch of the podcast this month with a giveaway! Two winners will be selected at the end of this month to receive their choice of $100 in store credit to the It’s Not Rocket Science Resource Shop OR an It’s Not Rocket Science Custom RTIC Tumbler and a $30 TpT Gift Card. To enter the giveaway:
- Share the podcast somewhere on Social Media with your teacher friends
- DM me on Instagram with a screenshot of your post
- BONUS ENTRY: Leave a review on Apple podcasts
Topics Discussed in Engaging Your Students Without Exhausting Yourself:
- Simple research and report activities that activate student curiosity
- Using partner work strategically to increase engagement
- Ways to use models that increase hands-on learning in the classroom
- Unique ways to increase engagement while following strict social distancing practices
- How to lighten your load and put the bulk of the work on students with projects
- Class set of mini white boards
- Easy homemade playdough recipe
- Teach The Class! Review Project
- Chemistry for Your Life podcast
- This Podcast Will Kill You
- The Biology of Superheroes podcast
- Download your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.
- Follow, rate, and review on Apple Podcasts!
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- 4 Tips to Engage Students in Discussions
- Alternative Midterm Exams: 5 Ideas for High School Science Teachers
- Episode 4, Engaging Your Students – in the First 5 Minutes of Class
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.