Click below to hear about Secondary Science Simplified:
Welcome to the very first official episode of Secondary Science Simplified! I am so thrilled and humbled that you’re joining me on this podcast journey. My goal for this first episode is to give you some insight as to who I am, my background in education, and how in the world I started my business supporting other secondary science educators.
This may come as a big surprise, but I didn’t initially go to college to become a teacher. It kind of happened unexpectedly, but I’m so glad it worked out the way it did. My experience as a secondary science teacher taught me so much, like how to work alongside others on a team and how to get creative when resources were lacking.
Throughout my years as a teacher, I also quickly learned how demanding the job is and how difficult it can be to balance your work and personal life. I made it my mission to learn how to achieve a sustainable work/life balance, and guess what? I did it!
Now I’m passionate about sharing my tips with you. I’m here to show you how you can simplify your life with practical and easy-to-implement strategies.
If you have a specific challenge that you’re facing right now, send me a message on Instagram @its.not.rocket.science. I always enjoy hearing from you and would love to feature your question on an upcoming podcast episode.
PS: Once a year, I do an exclusive week of giveaways exclusively for my email list. It’s called Cheer for the New Year, and is full of major deals, fun giveaways, and free resources! It’s all going down the week of January 3rd, 2022. To be a part of this exciting event, you can join the list for free here.
- A sneak peek into my career as a secondary science teacher
- How It’s Not Rocket Science®️ was born and my vision for Secondary Science Simplified™️
- How my experience in the classroom has shaped my values as an educator
- Shifting from the exhausted burnt-out teacher to a balanced and fulfilled teacher
- Simplifying all that comes with being a secondary science teacher
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- 4 Things to Stop Doing to Simplify Your Teacher Life
- Midyear Reset: 4 Ways to Hit the Reset Button and Reclaim your Class (and Life)
- 5 Teacher Organization Ideas on a Budget for Secondary Teachers
- Balancing Multiple Preps
- How to be a GREAT teacher – and only work 40 hours a week
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.