Click below to hear about a midyear reset:
Do you ever look back on your day and feel like you were scrambling but got nothing done? Maybe you’re having one of those years in the classroom that feels like you’re barely keeping your head above water and there just aren’t enough hours in the day. If these things sound all too familiar, it’s never too late to do a mid-year reset and start fresh. It’s totally possible to end the year better than you started it. It’s time to thrive, not just survive!
Today I’m sharing two more ways to do a mid-year reset and finish the year strong. If you haven’t listened to episode two, be sure to check it out. If you’ve already listened and applied my tips and tricks from that episode and you’re ready for more, you’re in the right place.
In part one, I discussed ways to reset the physical classroom space and the way you relate to and manage your students. In today’s episode, I’ll give you two ways you can reset the year personally and professionally and how you can simplify your job so you can enjoy your year both in and out of the classroom.
Kick-off the new year with me by celebrating Cheer for the New Year during the first week in January! Join my list so you don’t miss out on the major deals, fun giveaways, and free resources I’ll be offering during this week. Join the list for free here.
- How to do a time audit to find out if what you’re spending your time on aligns with your values.
- Why it’s important to identify the things that are sucking your time and simple changes you can make to save you time
- Practical changes you can make to cut your grading time in half and give your students timely feedback
- What I do to make grading labs effective and efficient
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
- Episode 2: Midyear Reset Part 1
- Midyear Reset: 4 Ways to Hit the Reset Button and Reclaim your Class (and Life)
- Decrease Grading Time: 4 Practical Ways to Cut Your Grading In Half
- How To Minimize the Time You Spend Grading
- 5 Teacher Prep Tips for Summer: What to do NOW to set yourself up for success in the fall
- Procedures to Teach at the Beginning of the Year to Make Your Life Easier the Rest of the School Year
- 4 Must-Do Things on the 1st Day of School in High School Science
Connect with Rebecca:
- Join the list
- Follow me on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join the Secondary Science Simplified Course Waitlist
- Shop my TpT Store
More about Secondary Science Simplified:
Secondary Science Simplified is a podcast specifically for high school science teachers that will help you to engage your students AND simplify your life as a secondary science educator. Each week Rebecca, from It’s Not Rocket Science, and her guests will share practical and easy-to-implement strategies for decreasing your workload so that you can stop working overtime and start focusing your energy doing what you love – actually teaching!
Teaching doesn’t have to be rocket science, and you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to simplify your secondary science teaching life so that you can enjoy your life outside of school even more. Head to itsnotrocketscienceclassroom.com/challenge to grab your FREE Classroom Reset Challenge.